Thursday, March 24, 2011

HISTORICAL MOTHERS

"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was on him. Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. When He was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. Thinking He was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for Him among their relatives and friends. When they did not find Him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for Him. After three days they found Him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. Everyone who heard Him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to Him, “Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you.” “Why were you searching for Me?” He asked. “Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?” But they did not understand what He was saying to them." LUKE 2:41-49 "There was also a prophetess Anna at the temple court, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was very old; she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage, and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying. Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the Child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem." LUKE 2:36-38 “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.” But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her. So the two women went on until they came to Bethlehem." RUTH 1:15-19 ~ Ruth's loyalty to her mother-in-law after losing her husband is a testimony of faithful self-lessness. "And Ruth the Moabite said to Naomi, “Let me go to the fields and pick up the leftover grain behind anyone in whose eyes I find favor.” RUTH 2:2 ~ Ruth's obedience to her mother-in-law Naomi resulted in the FAVOR of our LORD. RUTH 3:10 “The LORD bless you, my daughter,” he replied. “This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. And now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All the people of my town know that you are a woman of noble character." God sent His Kinsman Redeemer Boaz LESSON GIVEN BY THE HOLY SPIRIT IN John 12:1-11: Mary Magdelene humbled herself before the Lord Jesus and poured out her love and devotion for Jesus by giving Him the finest she had, before men. QUESTION: "Do I humble myself before the Lord and give Him my love in the presence of men without shame? Do I tend to want to go with the crowd, with popular belief? Am I willing to be set apart as an Ambassador for Christ and mocked? Like Mary Magdelene, as I have been forgiven MUCH, therefore it is my desire to love Jesus as much as I am able. “Go, look over the land,” He said, “especially Jericho.” So they went and entered the house of a prostitute named Rahab and stayed there." The city and all that is in it are to be devoted to the LORD. Only Rahab the prostitute and all who are with her in her house shall be spared, because she hid the spies we sent." JOSHUA 2:1 ~ JOSHUA 6:17 --- Our Lord redeems the lost and His ways are NOT our ways. "Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab, Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth." MATTHEW 1:5 "In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?" JAMES 2:25 - GOD our Father covered our sins with the blood of Jesus and gave these Historical Mothers, the Samaritan Woman and all of us His righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment