Thursday, December 30, 2010

AFFIRM THE TRUTH

As we meditate on the Word of God, we come to believe that His wisdom was given out of a love so great that it is beyond our full comprehension. The book of proverbs was written to give His beloved children direction. Our loving Father warns us to avoid fools, to not fellowship with those that deny God. His word instructs us to seek understanding from the indwelt Holy Spirit and ask for His help daily. What a delight to be in His presence and spend quality time with our Father, the King of Kings, the Creator of the universe, in His good and Holy book. Let us sing the songs of Solomon, and rejoice while reading psalms, the book of John, and proverbs for wisdom. BETH MOORE is an awesome, spirit filled teacher and witness of God's word. All past guilt, fear, judgement of who we have been, all limiting thoughts have been dissolved by the Truth. Let us affix our mind on the truth, in God's word. "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from Me, or seen in Me, put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you." Phillipians 4:8-9. Let this Truth abide within our souls. Let the violent voices of our parents, peers, or the world be turned off, that they have no more authority, no more rule, no more impact! Let us return to our childlike faith in God. Let us believe in His perfect design of our body and mind. Let us trust His awesome plan to prosper us in His love. Let us remain constantly filled by the Holy Spirit as we repent and turn away from the world and its knowledge. Let us listen to the Holy Presence within. Let us be thrilled to be used by God for His glory! Let us Sparkle for Jesus and allow His joyful radiance to shine through us as His seal of approval! Let us choose our thoughts and surrender our understanding and accept the whole Truth, from the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Precious in His sight, we are His beloved child, filled with His knowledge, His wisdom. We are called to love as we are loved! God sent His son Jesus to earth so that the lost could see, touch, feel, smell, hear the TRUTH. The Way was demonstrated, the Light was shown to us, then deposited in us, that we could return, as a child, void of reservations to run to the arms of Jesus. "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty, heaven and Earth are filled with His glory!" (Isaiah 6) IT IS PRUDENT to take heed, and call on the Holy Spirit for understanding of every day matters. To listen before acting, and make wise choices. "Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand; beside the gates leading into the city, at the entrances, she cries aloud: 'To you, O men, I call out: I raise my voice to all mankind. You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, gain understanding. Listen, for I have worthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness...Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion. To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech. Counsel and good judgement are mine; I have understanding and power. By me kings reign and rulers make laws that are just; by me princes govern, and all nobles who rule on earth. I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. The Lord possessed me at the beginning of His work, , before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning before the world began. When there were no oceans, I was given birth, (Was it the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit who gave birth to Wisdom at creation?)when there were no springs abounding with water; before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, before He made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. (Does God refer to the Holy Spirit as the person of Wisdom on whom we must rely for understanding?) I was there when he set the heavens in place, when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, when He gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep His command, and when He marked out the foundations of the earth. Then I was a craftsman at His side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in His Presence, rejoicing in His whole world and delighting in mankind. Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death." PROVERBS 8 --- Oh Lord Jesus, standing in awe, we give thanks to You, for we are wonderfully made. Marvelous are Your works. Thank You for designing us with the same care and precision You used in creating the universe. You built us with specific capacity and You embroidered us with great skill in our mothers womb. We are greatful that our personality, ability and appearance fit into the picture frame that God fashioned so that He can pour out His grace, love and beauty to the praise of His glory. Let us rejoice in His faithfulness, that He gifted us with a special purpose. Thank God for calling us to wisdom, and for the ears He gave us to hear, to listen... and respond with a willing heart. It is wonderful to know that God's mercy follows us, that His wisdom goes before us, around, below and above what we think. His love dwells within, His strength holds us, and His Word is firmly planted in the fertile soil of a receptive heart. What we see in the mirror is a reflection of the Holy Spirit within. What is within our human frame, is His creation? It is soul enriching to embrace the truth of our Father's satisfaction in the talents He chose to give us. Our imperfect human nature is to think that what we can accomplish is worthy of praise. All honor and glory belong to our Father. His Holy hands created us as one of God's original masterpieces. It is our desire to worship Jesus as Lord with all that we have been given. "In Him we were chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will." Eph 1:11 "For Thou didst form my inward parts; Thou didst weave me in my mothers womb. I will give thanks to Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; wonderful are Thy works, and my soul knows it well." Psalm 139:13 AMEN

2 comments:

  1. All that we think we know will be eclipsed by the Truth, all that we acquire in this life shall perish. My affirmation is that I will walk with God, and follow His lead, with His blessing now and forever even to the end of the age, He is with me...eternally, and this is the treasure that I value most.

    ALL IS WELL, all is working out for my highest good. Iam greatful, and I post this for I am greatful for the truth, that I too have been given the power of the Holy Spirit, which is from God, and that my delight is to serve my Master, my King, my Lord with the gifts that He has given me.

    Enveloped in His love
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monday
    Psalm 79:1
    O God, pagan nations have conquered Your land, Your special possession. They have defiled Your holy Temple and made Jerusalem a heap of ruins.

    Tuesday
    Psalm 79:2
    The pagans have left the bodies of Your servants as food for the birds of Heaven. The flesh of your godly ones has become food for the wild animals.

    Wednesday
    Psalm 79:3
    Blood has flowed like water all around Jerusalem; no one is left to bury the dead.

    Thursday
    Psalm 79:4
    We are mocked by our neighbors, an object of scorn and derision to those around us.

    Friday
    Psalm 79:5, 6
    O Lord, how long will You be angry with us? Forever? How long will Your jealousy burn like fire? Pour out Your wrath on the nations that refuse to recognize you - on kingdoms that do not call upon Your name.

    ReplyDelete