Thursday, July 1, 2010

A HOT PRIORITY?

What do we consider a HOT priority? When your cell phone rings, or when you are signaled by an incoming TEXT, do you check to see who is wanting your attention before you respond? What makes one call, one abbreviated text, one person more important than another? What do we carry around in our purses or pockets? What do we flip through several times a day? What do we immeidately turn back to go get it if we forget it? What do we hold in our hand and consider most valuable? What example are we setting for the upcoming generation? What do we treat like we cannot live without it? What if we respected and treated God's living Word as the TOP PRIORITY? Where is the bible placed on your priority list? What if we used our bible to receive daily messages from the text? What if we gave it to kids as gifts? What if we used it when we traveled? What if we used it in case of emergency? Oh, and one more reason to keep your bible a priority, unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill! Does this cause you stop and think, "Where are my priorities?" HAVE I dropped His call? The Lord Jesus calls us by name, do we answer His call and respond obediently, immediately? What would happen if we treated our Bible more of a priority than our cell phone? This message was sent to me from a dear friend in Olympia --- IN GOD's perfect timing, my cell phone contract ended --- Ahhh yes! My choice to create a new habit of WHO I turn to, WHO I flip to, and WHOSE text I respond to immediately. Jesus is my top priority and my choice to NOT sign up for another phone will PROVE to myself that I CAN live more peacefully without a cell. My close friends make plans for face to face contact, for lunch, a day on a kayak --- my family emails me. The number at work remains the same, and I check my email daily at lunch. Ahhhh, just like in the old days....way back in 2002, BEFORE I ever had a cell and I never missed a single important event. AMEN

1 comment:

  1. Barb, Thanks for inviting me to the study last night. I enjoyed getting together with you afterwards. You are an inspiration of how life can be lived when you focus on faith and God's will. The eating plan I am using is the UltraSimple Diet with Dr. Mark Hyman. Check it out online; it's very simple and works well for me. See you next week, unless I get clients during that time. God bless,

    Rebecca Robbins, LMFT 209-608-8375
    Chronic Pain and Stress Counseling

    ReplyDelete