Sunday, June 10, 2012

LIVING PROOF

The two lips of James, a converted Jew who spoke powerfully to the people of Israel in his day, and to us TODAY! James referenced the Old Testament as the Holy Spirit inspired him ~ that in 2011 we would know to WAIT patiently during the dry spells, for GOD DOES send the RAIN! ~ "Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was NOT opposing you. Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near. Don’t grumble against one another, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! Brothers and sisters, as an example of patience in the face of suffering, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job’s perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy. Above all, my brothers and sisters, do not swear—not by heaven or by earth or by anything else. All you need to say is a simple “Yes” or “No.” Otherwise you will be condemned. Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." JAMES 5:4-13 So let us study the Word of God and be encouraged by the endurance of the prophets. Let us fill our minds with what the Holy Spirit had them write down for our benefit today. Let His living Word be our SURE SIGN to step out in faith! "I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please." ISAIAH 46:10 Our Lord God Almighty never said it would be easy, but He does encourage us with His promises that HIS GLORY IS WORTH THE WAIT! ~ "Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.” HOSEA 6:3 Pressing onward toward the PRIZE ~ His eyes blazing GLORY as His grace showers us warmly like a summer rain on our parched soul. God will come to us like we expect the rain each winter ~ because He said so! "Then Job replied to the LORD: “I know that You can do all things; no purpose of Yours can be thwarted. You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures My plans without knowledge?’ ~ (JOB says YES LORD) Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. ~ (JOB wrestled to hear what the spirit was saying) “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer Me.’ (OH LORD) My ears had heard of You but now my eyes have seen You." JOB 42:1-5 God's purpose through Diana, Debby, Mona, Kathy, Babs and Barbara CANNOT be thwarted lest we speak foolishly of things too wonderful for us to know. God Almighty's plan for us is revealed to us personally through the wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Come Holy Spirit wash over me and cleanse me lest I become cynical! We must REMEMBER that the precious, mighty Name of JESUS still saves and that a PASSION for His Word is spreading across the globe in 2011! We therefore drink the living water like the Samaritain woman at the well and never get thirsty again! If we listen to the world and begin to get cynical, God will divinely discipline us by kicking our tiny tail! So let us GROAN to Him not to mere mortals on facebook! Let us KNOW and be satisfied that the Holy Spirit prays for God's will for us! "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans." ROMANS 8:26 Lord God Almighty is worthy of our praise for He loved us so much He sent His Son to walk among us as He knows that we often times need to SEE to BELIEVE - God asks us to have FAITH in the unseen as we trust that He is full of compassion and mercy. "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin." HEBREWS 4:15 Yes Lord, Yes Lord, YES YES LORD - AMEN! "Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." COLOSSIANS 3:12-17 We are the brides of Christ, faithful and obedient because we are in love with JESUS! Beth taught us to embrace PATIENCE because in God's economy things are planted in us, watered, pruned and harvested over TIME! We are to LOOK for the SACRED in the mundane each moment and see God as His Glory fills the earth! Inbetween the rainy season is the dry season but hark ~ God is there working in us to perfect us even while we do the dishes! Beth shared that today pyschologists have noted a FACEBOOK depression! Try a STATUS UPDATE when you are feeling all messed up! God calls us to fess up our mess ups to Him as our REAL honest status! Only God can give us encouragement and comfort that will heal us! Beth gets a word from a woman in the crowd who wears a TEXAS sized POOF hairdo! "Hear my prayer, LORD; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly."


PSALM 102 We can rest assured that GOD ALMIGHTY will "LIKE" our plea posted to Him and He will respond with a Word of His life renewing power! AMEN ~ "Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." PSALM 103

MY SONG to JESUS taken from PSALM 18 NIV
"I love You, O Lord, my Strength.
The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress
and my Deliverer; my God is my Rock
in Whom I take refuge... The Lord
thundered from heaven; the Voice of
the Most High resounded ~
He reached down from on high
and took HOLD OF ME!
He drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, from my woes ~
My God brought me out into a SPACIOUS place
He rescued me because
He delighted in me.
You, O Lord, keem my lamp burning.
My God turns my darkness into light!
With Your help I can advance against a troop
With My God I can scale a wall!
As for God, His way is perfect ~
The Word of the Lord is flawless!
The Lord lives! Praise be my Rock!
Exalted by God my Savior ~
Therefore I will sing praises
To His Holy Name ~ and blog my brag
of all that He has done in me!
Halleluiah and Amen

1 comment:

  1. WOW ~ what a thrill it is to say YES to JESUS each moment of every day! Diana asked me on Friday morning if I wanted to go with her and Debby to hear Beth Moore? YES Lord, YES Lord I wanted to go ~ and it was His plan all along that I would be so blessed to be in the audience of 7,000 women praising JESUS! OVER FLOWING and listening to TRAVIS COTTELL on a DVD sharing that he is from Boone North Carolina, raised in a small
    Baptist church - before a living for Jesus audience he sings:



    I will sing of my Redeemer

    and His wonderous love to me

    On the cruel cross He suffered

    From the curse to set me free

    Sing O Sing of my Redeemer

    with His blood He purchased me

    On the cross He set up my pardon

    Paid the debt and made me free.



    In this post are some of the NOTES and PHOTOS from LIVING PROOF in FRESNO. Almost all the scriptures that Beth Moore knitted together in her powerful message about being PATIENT...and waiting with full KNOWING that our precious Lord will send the rain and we will be drenched as our thirsty hearts are quenched in Him and by His wonderful Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete