Friday, September 23, 2011

Modern Miracles

Each year, according to His plan, God in His order, makes wine. He created an organism that turns soil, water and sunlight into a grape filled with juicy wine! My will is to thank God for this MIRACLE and drink up with praise on my lips! Wine is but water modified by the One who established the universe and all of nature. Today I shall experience the supernatural and surrender my will to His plan for my visit with Momma Mia in Santa Rosa! To act obediently, intellectually, volitionally, emotionally is to live according to His Spirit and trust that His best is where He leads us. 1 CORIN 9:26 "Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air."HEBREWS 12:1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." We sing praise as we run to You: "JUST AS I AM, without one plea, trusting that Thou blood was shed for me; waiting not to rid my soul of one dark blot; though tossed about, with many a conflict and many a doubt; I am poor, wretched, blind ~ in need of a healing in my mind; JUST AS I AM, Lord wilt Thou welcome, pardon and cleanse me? Thou bid me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come, I come. To Thee I come, Whose blood can cleanse each dark spot, O Lamb of God, I come, I come." AMENTo render back "my will" in exchange for "His will" is at times a very real struggle. The world is full of deceit. If we look to our family, friends or pyscologist, we find that the truth is hidden in layers of camoflage. But God has given His Spirit, the Spirit of truth and discernment. As born again people, we are new creations in Christ. MARK 2:22 "And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.” We can trust that if we surrender our self-will, our old ways that are so inflamed and swollen with years of selfishness - and seek God's viewpoint, we will be enabled to discern between what He says and what the world says and make wise choices. As a child, I thought like a child and when asked to do someting against my will I became incensed and bitter at the thwarting request that I give in! The first miracle Jesus performed was to celebrate the Bride and His Bridegroom, with adequate wine to be poured out to fill the souls of a thirsty gathering of His people. God in His mercy has educated me gently in order to "break His child's will". Looking back I ascertain my rebellion, my howling, my jaw setting, as I avoided total surrender with certain limitations. Fully compensated by God with less than His best, today I choose to surrender whole heartedly to His plan! Experience His love, grace and miracle today like the joy of JOB 32:19 "inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst." Thank You Father for giving me Your Spirit of discernment. 1 Corin 2:10-14 "These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite scripture verses of all time follows immediately after Christ’s call to repentance: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.” (Rev. 3:20)

    "Joy and sorrow are this ocean
    And in their every ebb and flow
    Now the Lord a door has opened
    That all Hell could never close
    Here I'm tested and made worthy
    Tossed about but lifted up
    In the reckless raging fury
    That they call the love of God"

    Rich Mullins

    ReplyDelete